Monday, February 6, 2012

Superbowl Sunday.

There are two things I love about the Superbowl: one, football season is over and I will once again regain control of my television; two, an excuse to eat!

Since the San Francisco 49ers didn't make it to the Superbowl I was completely emotionally unattached this year. Being a native Californian, having two East coast teams playing in the Superbowl was a bit underwhelming. 

However, I decided to cheer on the Patriots for a few reasons:
1. The boyfriend was cheering for them.
2. I love Gisele.
3. My Pop (my great-grandpa) passed away in 1999. An avid football fan, he would always say "When I kick off [insert rest of sentence]" instead of "kick the bucket" or some other morbid saying. Ironically, he passed away on Superbowl Sunday in 1999 when the Patriots beat the Eagles. So in memory of my Pop, Go Patriots! 


Sadly, the game was not as fun as I had hoped but I sure did enjoy the company and the food! 

Honestly, the best cookies I have ever made. You will not be disappointed! (I only used one stick of butter and only semi-sweet chocolate chips.) Recipe here, compliments of Under the Highchair.

I thought I should finally put my Crock Pot to use (it has been sitting in the box since Christmas). In honor of Superbowl Sunday I decided to make pulled pork sliders. Easy to make and incredibly delicious! (I used Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce and Hawaiian Sweet Rolls instead of making my own.) Recipe here, compliments of I Adore Food.


Delicious sliders with Kentucky beans (compliments of our amazing friends from Kentucky). 



Needless to say, I had to change into sweatpants at half-time. I hope your Superbowl was just as delicious as mine was!

No comments:

Post a Comment