Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Welcome to Eugene!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! After the 7 1/2 hour drive we finally made it to Eugene! I am here with my boyfriend and his family for the Oregon vs. Oregon State football game on Saturday. Alex's sister goes to UO so the family loves the Ducks.

On our way we made a pit-stop in Medford, Oregon to visit my brother and my niece- whom I have NEVER met. She just turned two so I brought her a tutu for her birthday... and maybe a bribe to like her auntie? She is the cutest little girl with the biggest blue eyes.. I am in LOVE :)



We ran all the essential errands today for the big Thanksgiving feast and ate some lunch at this delicious thai place called Sweet Basil Thai right off campus. If you're in Eugene it is a must go to!


I got my first Ducks shirt today for the big game on Saturday.


GO DUCKS! (QUACK?)

This town is so cute and everyone is completely obsessed with the Ducks. It makes me wish I had gone to a school with a big (and good) football team and school pride! 

Alex and I had the pleasure of making dinner and went with one of our favorites, stuffed bell peppers:
 Can't forget the wine!


And of course I brought some homemade peppermint bark! It is absolutely delicious!



Recipe:
1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Make sure the wax paper comes up the sides.
2. Put a tablespoon of canola oil and a bag of semi-sweet (I used Ghirardelli) chocolate chips in a pot. Stir continuously until melted. 
3. Stir in a tablespoon of peppermint extract
4. Pour the melted chocolate onto the wax paper and spread evenly.
5. Stick in the fridge until hard (about 45 minutes).
6. Repeat steps 2-4 with white chocolate chips
7. Sprinkle crushed up candy canes (or peppermint candies) onto the top of the melted white chocolate. 
8. Use a fork or whisk to press the pieces into the warm chocolate.
9. Stick it back in the fridge until hard (about 45 minutes).
10. When hard, break into pieces and enjoy :)



More pics of the trip to come later! Enjoy your food coma tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment