Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Getting Ready in a Hurry!

So like I have said in my last posts: I have been incredibly busy! I haven't been able to wear sweats and a pony either since I am working at my internship everyday. So I just wanted to share with you how I manage to get ready fast (and still look cute!)

First of all, I have been taking showers at night to give myself more time in the morning. So to make my bed head presentable I have my go-to styles:

1. The Bombshell Rod Curling Iron by Sultra:
 It cuts my hair time down by about half! It it uh-mazing! Spritz with a little Bumble and Bumble Spray de Mode for a playful finish!


2. The Bun! Now, I have really thin hair so my buns have always looked weird...until I came upon the Running on Happiness blog and saw her bun tutorial. Give it a try!



Then there is the makeup! I don't usually wear a lot of makeup (being a student who rolls out of bed 10 minutes before class) but being in a professional environment I have found some key items!
1. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
This does AMAZING things for my skin. I feel like I am putting a shield on my face before I put anything else on. It is soft, fresh, and blends easily.
2. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer  
If you are not a fan of cake-y foundation, definitely give this a shot! It comes in a ton of colors and will easily blend with your skin. It will give your skin a beautiful glow :)

3. Hourglass Aura Sheer Cheek Stain: Flush
Just dab a little of this on your fingertips and blend along your cheek bone to give your skin some fresh color! A little bit goes LONG WAY!

A few other things I never leave the house without applying (and have been my favorites for a few years) are:
1. Maybelline Lash Stilleto
2. MAC Select Coverup
3. MAC Lipstick in Angel


My go-to outfit for the last couple weeks has been either skinny jeans (I recently purchased a new pair of Hudsons that are so comfortable I could sleep in them!), skirts and tights, or leggings (I have a thick pair of Paige leggings that are to die for! Pockets and everything); a pair of heeled boots or flat boots; a basic v-neck long sleeve or short sleeve; one of my many cardigans; and then top it off with a circle scarf, necklace, and a watch.



On another note, here are a few more of my blog posts that have been published:
Amy Zerner JewelryAmana Furniture, SAHA Swimwear, and Wedding Hairstyles.


Until next time! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment