Sunday, December 18, 2011

Lazy weekend.

I have officially been done with school for 10 days. 10 days already? Yes. Unfortunate. But tomorrow is the day that I start actually doing things with my mornings and evenings. I swear. Tomorrow. I would start today, but it is Sunday. And who wants to start anything on Sunday? Not me.

Tomorrow I am going to wake up and go running. I recently got an internship with an environmental consulting firm and my schedule for winter break is Monday-Thursday from 12-5 so I need to start being more productive in the mornings. So I need to start running, going to yoga, or going to Crossfit. Once I do at least one of these things I will get back into the swing of things. It usually only takes one "high" from working out to get me re-addicted.

I read this saying today to that will hopefully get me motivated: I'm not fat, it's just that I could look 10x better than I do now. Whenever someone who isn't fat calls themselves fat people laugh and make comments such as "omg, shut up. No you're not" but that person feels like they are fat. This quote will hopefully change how I look at my body and can maybe help you too.

But on the topic of "fat talk," I had quite the episode in the kitchen today. I went on a baking spree. I love to bake and I am so thankful that I have a job now where I can take all my goodies for other people to eat. However, my banana bread and fudge did not turn out so well... I have made the banana bread a million times but somehow got distracted and didn't stick a fork in it to make sure it was done. So I had to bake it some more after it cooled. It still tastes fine, but it totally collapsed in the middle. The fudge on the other hand...well let's just say that might have to go in the trash. But the banana bread recipe is delicious! The boyfriend's Mom shared it with me so I will pass it along to you:

- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat 3 eggs until thick and foamy.
- Add: 1.5 cups of sugar and 1 cup of canola oil.
- Stir in: 1 cup of non-fat cottage cheese, 2-4 ripe (aka very brown) bananas*, 1/2 chopped walnuts**.
- Sift together (in a new bowl): 3 cups of whole wheat flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder.
- Add wet and dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Add 1 cup of semi- sweet chocolate chips***
- Spoon into non-stick or buttered**** loaf pans.
- Bake about 45 minutes. Stick a fork in the middle at about 40 minutes. Bake until the fork comes out clean.

*The browner the bananas the more banana-y the bread will be.
**Optional
***Optional
****I like to save the wrapping of butter sticks and use them to butter the pans. 




Had a great time this weekend at DJ R3hab in Sacramento, a wonderful holiday party, and a friend's birthday! Wine and pizza with some family tomorrow and then another friend's birthday on Tuesday! No wonder I feel like I "haven't had the time," actually the energy to workout.



So far I have 3 of my 4 grades for this last quarter and all B+'s! Couldn't be happier. This quarter was so hectic and busy I am so glad to see all my hard work paid off. It will be smooth sailing until graduated in June!

On top of working out I need to start writing some essays for post-grad PR internships! Thankfully I have all my Christmas shopping done! But I need to find a dress for New Years... this New Years will be BIG!



No comments:

Post a Comment